Metal Hammer have put up their Friday podcast which includes a review of Avenged Sevenfold’s album “Nightmare.” You can listen to it here. The review starts around 1:29:20. Thanks so much to my friend Cheryl from Devil Bear Rock for transcribing the highlights for you guys!
– The first half of it (Nightmare) sounds alot like City of Evil – the pace is back.
– The riffs are collosol, stadium sized.
– Shadows’ vocals are incredible on this record.
– Portnoy’s drumming is brilliant, his genius on this record, is to play like The Rev. The Rev had a very unorthodox style, that was part of the defining characteristics of Avenged Sevenfold. That he’s been able to keep that means that Avenged Sevenfold sound has altered dramatically.
– The lyrics are heartbreaking, raw to the point of making you uncomfortable when you listen to them.
– I feel more connected with Shadows after listening to it.
– It’s heart breaking, but the celebration of this record should be that it fucking rules!
– It’s great and I love Avenged Sevenfold and I love this record, it’s brilliant.”