Accidental Overdose Cause Of Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan's Death. - Avenged Sevenfold

Accidental Overdose Cause Of Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan's Death.

Orange County Deputy Coroner Mitchell Sigal has confirmed to Rolling Stone that Jimmy “The Rev” Sullivan passed due to an accidental overdose. The full story can be read here.

Avenged Sevenfold drummer Jimmy “The Rev” Sullivan died on December 28, 2009 from an accidental overdose of prescription drugs and alcohol, Orange County Deputy Coroner Mitchell Sigal told Rolling Stone. Toxicology reports indicate that Sullivan suffered “acute polydrug intoxication due to combined effects of Oxycodone, Oxymorphone, Diazepam/Nordiazepam and ethanol.”

“To all of us who loved Jimmy, the only thing relevant about December 28 is that is the night we lost, too soon, a son, brother, friend and one of the most talented artists in the world,” the band’s manager Larry Jacobson tells Rolling Stone. “Every day, his parents and sisters, and his brothers in Avenged Sevenfold smile at the many memories they have of Jimmy and his fans around the world revel in the musical legacy he left them.”